Sunday, September 27, 2009

Back to the Beginning

1989, 15 and pregnant, what a crazy 9 months that was. I look back at it and i don't remember feeling scared or anything, i was with the father and we were gonna be a family. A better family the what I had. But I'll get into that later. Amber was gonna be her name, i knew it would be a girl. But that was just between me and my boyfriend at the time, no one find out about my pregnancy till i was 5 months, when i think about that now, I would notice if my daughter missed her period, much less her be able to hide a pregnancy, but at that time I had no one who showed me otherwise. My mom had us early, my sister started at 15, and so on. But i was determined to break that cycle with my children.(more on that later). Well the stupidiest thing i did was wait so long for prenatal care, but thank god my daughter was born happy and healthy. But our families were not to happy, except for my dad, he stated that he had already knew he was just waiting for me to tell him. At the time I thought this is ok then, but was I in for a rude awakening. We had our daughter, our own place, and car, and was making it for the most part, and then I was pregnant again. Now this time family was angry at me, but it was to late i was pregnant. I was 16 with 2 babies, and a boyfriend who worked his ass off to make ends meet. but then eventually it would all come crashing down. My boyfriend cheated on me, and I moved back home. My mom was there to help, and so was my family, but i felt like I failed, i was on my own and had no clue what i was going to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So weird I found your blog.. I just recently found out my son and his girlfriend have been having sex, both 15 at the time, my son is now 16. What an eye opening experience this has been! And I'm not a young Mom! I have 4 children, 26, 25, 18 and 16, 2 grandsons! If you read my blog I've addressed a lot of things there.
Just wondering how at 15 you go from hand holding and cute pics to sex.. I know about the whole hormone thing but I have talked and talked and talked with my children, always, always been up front and open.. Still, I just don't get it. They've been a part of my struggles to raise them alone and with cancer no less! I just don't understand the mind set.. Maybe you can help?
I'm a new follower by the way. =)